In my 1st blog on use cases for SAP EM we took you through some of the use case for SAP TM, GTS and SNC as well as the highly popular Track and Trace where folks simply want to know, from their carriers or freight forwarders, that their goods are on time… Seems simple but SAP EM is the standard tool provided for by SAP to provide this functionality. Now let’s take a look at a few more use cases. Continue reading
GTNexus is providing a free research study entitled “Supply Chain Visibility in Business Networks“. Download it by clicking the link. What are they saying?
ERP leads to a 54% visibility performance gap in the supply chain – Company leaders have placed priority on supply chain agility and visibility, yet rank their own performance in these areas as low. Current IT infrastructure and extensive ERP spend are not closing that gap between goal and reality, particularly with external trading partners.
From our perspective we believe SAP offers a very comprehensive solution to Supply Chain visibility in SAP Event Management. It’s just that most SAP customers don’t know that it is there and what it is used for. It is in fact directly aligned with the concept of Supply Chain Event Management dating back to the 1990’s which was put in place specifically to address Supply Chain visibility…
I am often asked to recap the value of SAP Event Management so here are a few very real applications of SAP EM where we have recently helped clients achieve certain goals. (Client names are withheld as part of NDA agreements)
Areas where we have helped customers achieve value:
1) Large microchip manufacturer
- Provided the capability, through SAP Event Management, to all for the prompt payment (i.e. within payment terms) of capital POs where goods are often received well after the payment terms are over. Continue reading
Process Observer is a component of SAP’s Business Suite foundation layer. Broadly speaking it can be used to monitor SAP Business Suite processes like OTC (Order to cash) and PTP (Procure to pay).
The value proposition for the tool as stated by SAP is as follows:
- Provide Process Visibility enabling:
- Real-time monitoring with exception handling
- Business activity monitoring
- SLA (Service Level Agreement) tracking
- Transparency on process quality
- Process optimization
- Recognizing deviations leading to strengthening of operations (continuous improvement)
- Insight-to-action: Near real-time reaction to exceptions
- Enhanced process automation