In my 1st blog on use cases for SAP EM we took you through some of the use case for SAP TM, GTS and SNC as well as the highly popular Track and Trace where folks simply want to know, from their carriers or freight forwarders, that their goods are on time… Seems simple but SAP EM is the standard tool provided for by SAP to provide this functionality. Now let’s take a look at a few more use cases. Continue reading
I am often asked to recap the value of SAP Event Management so here are a few very real applications of SAP EM where we have recently helped clients achieve certain goals. (Client names are withheld as part of NDA agreements)
Areas where we have helped customers achieve value:
1) Large microchip manufacturer
- Provided the capability, through SAP Event Management, to all for the prompt payment (i.e. within payment terms) of capital POs where goods are often received well after the payment terms are over. Continue reading
Process Observer is a component of SAP’s Business Suite foundation layer. Broadly speaking it can be used to monitor SAP Business Suite processes like OTC (Order to cash) and PTP (Procure to pay).
The value proposition for the tool as stated by SAP is as follows:
- Provide Process Visibility enabling:
- Real-time monitoring with exception handling
- Business activity monitoring
- SLA (Service Level Agreement) tracking
- Transparency on process quality
- Process optimization
- Recognizing deviations leading to strengthening of operations (continuous improvement)
- Insight-to-action: Near real-time reaction to exceptions
- Enhanced process automation
Title: Vendor Compliance, scorecards, EDI and Supply Chain Maturity! Scary or Logical?
Date: 5/30/2013 at 11am CST
Description: In this session we will run through a typical end-to-end supplier EDI process describing the integration points with ECC and how they relate to EDI. In addition we will describe how you can leverage little known standard tools to report on this partner interaction addressing issues as they arise.
Speaker: Kevin Wilson
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/173146109512085/
FREE Registration at: http://www.qdatausa.com/resources/registration/webinar/330
Title: How can you pay suppliers more promptly thus being eligible for those terms discounts?
Date: 5/9/2013 at 11am CST
Description: We are paying our suppliers outside of the terms agreed to on the PO around 20% of the time thus leaving the terms discount on the table. How can we pay more of our PO’s within the payment terms period to take advantage of our allowed discount and stay in good faith with our suppliers? This webinar shows how you can leverage SAP functionality to achieve this goal..
Speaker: Kevin Wilson
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/502541966461532/
FREE Registration at: http://www.qdatausa.com/resources/registration/webinar/327