Dramatically reduce your time to insight for batch issues
The time from detecting the problem to the time that the problem is resolved
Industries that have a requirement to track their product movements via batches, whether it is legislated or based on a need for mature supply chain economics, find it difficult to perform these tasks in an efficient manner. Why the inefficiency?
- They battle to track batches, serial numbers or handling units / packages across the various disparate systems that are involved in the supply chain. Multiple systems come in to play and generally any solutions that may be available to provide for the tracking of these objects are bound to one system and one system only.
- They have no easy way to view the upstream products, suppliers and customers impacted by a defective batch (bottom up view). In the same breath there is no view in to products, raw materials, orders that fed in to that same defective batch (top down view). Finding a defective product at a customer or on the shelf requires a combination of top down and bottom up analysis to determine the breadth of the issue. The complete genealogy, for both upstream and downstream impacted batches and objects, simply cannot be easily determined and reported on. This task can often take many weeks to complete. If the defective batch led to bad press, sickness or at worst a fatality, the timeliness of determining the root cause to mitigate the impact is business critical.
- Inconsistent, inaccurate or missing data in the product genealogy leads to an incomplete analysis being performed and often is very difficult even to determine that the chain has not actually ended but is actually continued elsewhere.
SAP Global Batch Traceability integrates natively with SAP ERP – enabling single-entry insight into a corporate product batch genealogy with the push of a button reporting on:
- bad batch distribution for precision holds, withdrawals and recall,
- stock overviews in order to internally restrict bad batch stock
- process multiple batches in a single run
- material balance reporting
SAP’s Global Batch Traceability Repository will allow you to very easily search for batches, explore your genealogy graphically for all movements created in your SAP system, easily view top-down and bottom-up where-used lists, report on multiple batches in a single run, identify and maintain broken links and easily create and use reports through multiple SAP, ERP and 3rd party record systems.
SAP Global Batch Traceability accelerates time to insight into product batch issues and helps you to:
- Minimize the impact a product recall may have on your customers and their customers
- Support product issue investigations – perform root cause analysis and recalls
- Help trace batches for both inter and intra-company
- Protect your customer
- Protect your brand
- Contain corporate liabilities relating to product batch issues
- Limit financial risk exposure relating to product issues
- Comply with regulatory reporting deadlines
SAP shortcomings addressed by SAP GBT
- If you need to resolve an issue today with a batch / Serial Number or Handling Unit, there is incomplete product genealogy tracing available in SAP thru all materials purchased, consumed, manufactured and distributed in the supply network
- No cross-system tracing capabilities exists today in SAP
- Inability to analyze multiple tracking objects (e.g. batches / serial numbers / handling units) in a single run for either bottom up or top down reports and movements
- Data is inconsistent with missing data links between tracking objects or broken links across systems